The Lynchburg Bar Association exist to:
- To improve the professional competence of area lawyers, including its members, through educational and other means;
- To promote understanding and appropriate reform in the law; judicial procedure and the science of jurisprudence generally;
- To preserve and promote the honor and integrity of the legal profession;
- To encourage and maintain the development of congenial professional relationships and fellowship among its members; and
- To undertake any other matters necessary or proper to the operation of a voluntary Bar Association.
Our members elect officers every year. Our officers are as follows:
President – Mark Dunevant, Esq.
President Elect – Kathryn Thomas, Esq.
Immediate Past President – Chad Mooney, Esq.
Secretary: Mary B. Chamberlin, Esq.
Treasurer: Mark Thackston, Esq.
Our voluntary board members are as follows:
Kathryn Thomas, Esq.
Assistant City Attorney
The City of Lynchburg
City Attorney’s Office
900 Church Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Phone: (434) 455-3980
Fax: (434) 847-9049